HR and Accounts Clerk
London (Partly Remote)
Part time - Fixed Term Employment
£24,000 - £26,000 pro-rated (dependent on experience)
Open for Applications | Closing date: 8th Apr 2022 | UK Residents only
You'll be joining the beating heart of Foundervine, the Operations Finance team, who work at the core of our company ensure we run our business sustainably, and profitably. You'll be supporting in this by keeping on top of a number of financial tasks as well as human resources admin. We're a small startup and you'll find this fun and learn a lot. Foundervine is creating significant social change in both the tech landscape and the entrepreneurial ecosystem and we'd love for you join and support the mission.
The Accounts Clerk position is a great role if you managed accounts payable and receivable at an organisation before. You will report directly into the Director of Operations and have a lot of contact with the Managing Director.
- Excellent Finance and Reporting - ensuring that we run our business in a financially sustainable way and all key stakeholders are kept informed of our progress. Making sure that we comply with HMRC requirements and best practice standards in accounting.
- Reliable People Administration - Handling the administration of sensitive personnel records for our staff and consultants, ensuring their basic needs are catered to and there is support for their working environment
- Process Monitoring and Excellence - Ensuring that staff members and external contacts/suppliers follow agreed processes promoting a high level of quality and zero-errors where achievable.
- Managing incoming expense requests, approving or escalating where necessary
- Ensuring team members follow the expenses process
- Processing expense reimbursements
- Processing supplier invoices and ensuring correct details are captured
- Paying suppliers within the agreed deadlines
- Handling international payments
- Raising invoices to clients using Xero
- Chasing clients for unpaid invoices
- Categorising revenue and income on Xero
- Ensuring international payments are received efficiently
- Works with our accountant to ensure accurate VAT calculations and submission each quarter
- Ensures VAT, PAYE, Corporation Tax and other payments to HMRC are made on time
- Liaising with our accountants to ensure the accounts ledger is accurate and complete for annual submission
- Reconciling financial transactions in Xero
- Processing of Monthly Payroll
- Assisting in addressing queries with payslips
- Administration of pension contributions and process (NEST)
- Dealing with salary and payroll related queries
HR and Admin
- Monitoring and reporting of employee, consultant and contractor working hours
- Ensuring team members submit timesheets on time each week
- Inputting and checking of New Starter Information
- Assist in production of employment and consultant contracts
Budget monitoring and reporting
- Tracking cost entries to specific projects
- Reporting budget variance and underlying reasons
- Assisting in developing quarterly budget reviews
- Assisting in creation of monthly financial metrics presentation to the Foundervine Exec Board
- Submission of financial reports to investors
- Previous experience as a payroll officer, or accounts/bookkeeping is essential
- Strong IT skills Essential
- Be able to self-manage time effectively within a role which requires repetitive tasks
- Be able to use own initiative
- Show a positive attitude to work tasks
- Show a helpful, open and respectful attitude to all aspects of your position
- Have a polite manner when dealing with internal staff and external contacts
- Proactively look for solutions to improve your main working area as well as others you may have involvement with.
- Have flexible working approach to all aspects of the role that applies to this position
- Able to work in a team environment and able to work alone
Experience in the following is a essential:
- Proficient at Xero
- Experience using Google Docs
- Excellent Excel/Spreadsheets experience
Experience in any of the following is a plus:
- Bamboo HR
- Flexible working hours
- 3% match contribution to the NEST pension scheme
- A strong commitment to personal and professional development – with an individual annual training budget.
- Book and Resource Allowance
- Company discounts via benefit scheme
- International engagement opportunities - particularly Sub-Saharan Africa
- Access to dozens of events and training sessions delivered by some of world's leading experts.
- Peer Recognition Scheme
Please note this role will be partly based at our HQ, which is located in Canary Wharf - London
Job Applicant Privacy Notice
As part of any recruitment process, Foundervine collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use that data and to meet our data protection obligations.
What information does Foundervine collect?
Foundervine collects a range of information about you.
- your name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number;
- details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history;
- whether or not you have a disability for which the organisation needs to make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process; and
- information about your entitlement to work in the UK;
Foundervine collects this information in a variety of ways. For example, data might be contained in application forms, CVs or resumes, obtained from your passport or other identity documents, or collected through interviews or other forms of assessment.
Foundervine will also collect personal data about you from third parties, such as references supplied by former employers. We will seek information from third parties only once a job offer to you has been made and will inform you that it is doing so.
Data will be stored in a range of different places, including on your application record, in HR management systems and on other IT systems (including email).
Why does the organisation process personal data?
Foundervine need to process data to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you. We may also need to process your data to enter into a contract with you. In some cases, Foundervine need to process data to ensure that it is complying with its legal obligations. For example, we are required to check a successful applicant's eligibility to work in the UK before employment starts.
Foundervine has a legitimate interest in processing personal data during the recruitment process and for keeping records of the process. Processing data from job applicants allows us to manage the recruitment process, assess and confirm a candidate's suitability for employment, and decide to whom to offer a job. Foundervine may also need to process data from job applicants to respond to and defend against legal claims.
For some roles, Foundervine is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences. Where the organisation seeks this information, it does so because it is necessary for us to carry out our obligations and exercise specific rights in relation to employment. Foundervine will not use your data for any purpose other than the recruitment exercise for which you have applied.
Who has access to data?
Your information will be shared internally for the purposes of the recruitment exercise. This includes members of the recruiting team and interviewers involved in the recruitment process. We will not share your data with third parties, unless your application for employment is successful and we make you an offer of employment. Foundervine will then share your data with former employers to obtain references for you. Foundervine will not transfer your data outside the European Economic Area.
How does Foundervine protect data?
Foundervine takes the security of your data seriously. We have internal policies and controls in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by our employees in the proper performance of their duties.
For how long does Foundervine keep data?
If your application for employment is unsuccessful, Foundervine will hold your data on file for 12 months after the end of the relevant recruitment process. At the end of that period your data is deleted or destroyed. If your application for employment is successful, personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your personnel file and retained during your employment. The periods for which your data will be held will be provided to you in a new privacy notice.