Marketing and Communications Manager
Marketing Associate & Program Managers
Full Time - Fixed Term Employment
30,245 - £33,615 (depending on experience)
Open for Applications
Foundervine is an award-winning social enterprise specialising in start-up and scale-up acceleration programmes. Since launching in 2018, Foundervine has helped over 2,000 future leaders create, test, sustain and develop entrepreneurial ventures.
We are looking for an established marketing professional who brings creativity, enthusiasm and significant experience in driving effective digital and brand content and communications.
This is a very attractive and challenging opportunity for an energetic and talented individual who is passionate about digital innovation, content and driving positive social impact, and who is keen to use their skills to inspire and engage diverse entrepreneurs across the UK and globally.
Key Objectives for the Marketing & Communications Manager:
- General Marketing – Plan, design and coordinate all Foundervine's marketing and communications activities to promote our mission and grow our audience across multiple platforms, including social, web and email marketing.
- Program Marketing – Work with the Programs Team to design, plan and execute amazing program recruitment focused marketing campaigns, including social ads, paid advertising, partner outreach and other marketing activities.
- Community Storytelling - Reach out to our community, gather case studies and 'tell the story' of Foundervine throughout our many marketing activities.
- Brand Guardianship - Maintain consistency of our brand across all marketing activities.
Day-to-Day Marketing Activities:
- Responsible for planning, designing and co-ordinating all day-to-day marketing activities across Foundervine's channels including social, email marketing and our website.
- Responsible for monitoring marketing KPIs and data to identify the most effective marketing activities, continually improving and developing Foundervine's marketing activities.
- Responsible for the effective execution of our general email marketing campaigns to grow and engage our audience.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating our Wix website and design new pages, copy and visuals as required.
- Responsible for planning and monitoring Foundervine's digital communication activities within the Vine Community, including specialised marketing to all stakeholders;
- Undertake any other duties within competence as required by the Board of Directors.
Program & Community Communications:
- Responsible for development, design and co-ordination of all program-based communications to ensure our Programs are well-subscribed and we reach target attendance numbers. Including marketing partner outreach and joint marketing campaigns.
- Responsible for the effective execution of social ad campaigns to facilitate program/event attendee recruitment.
- Responsible for collection of marketing content and case studies from participants and clients through interviews, enabling us to 'tell the story' of Foundervine and our impact.
- Responsible for the development of a coherent and impactful messaging approach for everyone communicating on behalf of Foundervine. Lead the development of a range of materials (inc commentary, articles, social copy, Medium blogs, surveys, website copy, case studies and press releases);
- Responsible for ensuring Foundervine's brand guidelines are adhered to and represented in all communications.
Deliver Results: Ability to develop and implement dynamic marketing campaigns that deliver excellent results.
Project Coordination: Ability to work under pressure, prioritise and manage multiple projects to meet strict deadlines.
Process Builder: Ability to implement processes to streamline marketing operations and use a data centred approach to assess the effectiveness of marketing activities.
Content Creation: Strong ability to plan, design and coordinate marketing campaigns from start to finish.
Website Design & Analytics: Strong ability to update existing pages, design and build new landing pages, monitor traffic and analytics.
Social Ads: Storing ability to design, set up and manage social ad campaigns across various platforms.
Leadership and People Management: Leading by example, setting direction and supporting colleagues. Ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners, and team members
Communicating and Influencing: Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to work with a wide range of external and internal customers and stakeholders from different countries and cultures
Cultural Sensitivity: Adaptable and sensitive to work in different cultural contexts
- Flexible working hours
- 3% match contribution to the NEST pension scheme
- A strong commitment to personal and professional development – with an individual annual training budget.
- Book and Resource Allowance
- Company discounts via benefit scheme
- International engagement opportunities - particularly Sub-Saharan Africa
- Access to dozens of events and training sessions delivered by some of world's leading experts.
- Peer Recognition Scheme
Job Applicant Privacy Notice
As part of any recruitment process, Foundervine collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use that data and to meet our data protection obligations.
What information does Foundervine collect?
Foundervine collects a range of information about you.
- your name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number;
- details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history;
- whether or not you have a disability for which the organisation needs to make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process; and
- information about your entitlement to work in the UK;
Foundervine collects this information in a variety of ways. For example, data might be contained in application forms, CVs or resumes, obtained from your passport or other identity documents, or collected through interviews or other forms of assessment.
Foundervine will also collect personal data about you from third parties, such as references supplied by former employers. We will seek information from third parties only once a job offer to you has been made and will inform you that it is doing so.
Data will be stored in a range of different places, including on your application record, in HR management systems and on other IT systems (including email).
Why does the organisation process personal data?
Foundervine need to process data to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you. We may also need to process your data to enter into a contract with you. In some cases, Foundervine need to process data to ensure that it is complying with its legal obligations. For example, we are required to check a successful applicant's eligibility to work in the UK before employment starts.
Foundervine has a legitimate interest in processing personal data during the recruitment process and for keeping records of the process. Processing data from job applicants allows us to manage the recruitment process, assess and confirm a candidate's suitability for employment, and decide to whom to offer a job. Foundervine may also need to process data from job applicants to respond to and defend against legal claims.
For some roles, Foundervine is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences. Where the organisation seeks this information, it does so because it is necessary for us to carry out our obligations and exercise specific rights in relation to employment. Foundervine will not use your data for any purpose other than the recruitment exercise for which you have applied.
Who has access to data?
Your information will be shared internally for the purposes of the recruitment exercise. This includes members of the recruiting team and interviewers involved in the recruitment process. We will not share your data with third parties, unless your application for employment is successful and we make you an offer of employment. Foundervine will then share your data with former employers to obtain references for you. Foundervine will not transfer your data outside the European Economic Area.
How does Foundervine protect data?
Foundervine takes the security of your data seriously. We have internal policies and controls in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by our employees in the proper performance of their duties.
For how long does Foundervine keep data?
If your application for employment is unsuccessful, Foundervine will hold your data on file for 12 months after the end of the relevant recruitment process. At the end of that period your data is deleted or destroyed. If your application for employment is successful, personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your personnel file and retained during your employment. The periods for which your data will be held will be provided to you in a new privacy notice.