Marketing and Communications Manager
March 15 2021
London, Temporarily Remote
Board of Directors; Programmes Team; Communications Team
Fixed Term Contract (Full Time)
£124 - £138 day rate dependent on experience
APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED
It's an exciting time to join Foundervine as we continue to transform the entrepreneurial ecosystem. The Marketing and Communications Manager plays a key role in leading the development and delivery of effective, engaging and measurably impactful digital content that builds, inspires and engages relevant audiences including diverse founders, private and public sector stakeholders across the start-up ecosystem. They plan and manage all day-to-day activities across Foundervine's channels and lead the development of world-class content, providing analysis and long-term strategic recommendations in line with Foundervine's objectives.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Deliver on Foundervine's communications strategy, drawing on all communications channels, based on a solid understanding of the target audiences;
- Lead and manage Foundervine's digital communication activities, including the re-launch of the Vine Community programme, curation of digital content for the Vine Fellowship programme and ongoing programmes-related communications;
- Lead on the development of programme-based communications, including designing promotional graphics for upcoming events, social media content and video content;
- Manage social media presence (including advertising/microtargeting via digital ads, designing specific, creative copy to promote programmes), communicate with audience, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor community feedback;
- Lead the development of a coherent and impactful messaging approach for everyone communicating on behalf of Foundervine. Write and edit a range of materials (inc commentary, articles, Medium blogs, surveys, case studies and press releases);
- Brand guardianship and responsibility for the production of marketing materials, such as reports, presentations, printed materials and blogs, working with external partners as appropriate;
- Work closely with colleagues across Foundervine to act as a Communications consultant, advising on the most appropriate marketing, digital and PR opportunities to help meet the business objectives of the organisation;
- Maximise coverage across key media outlets, appropriate to each target audience, and respond to calls from the media;
- Evaluate success of communications activity, benchmarking against industry best practice and reporting quarterly to Board of Directors;
- Undertake any other duties within competence as required by the Board of Directors.
- Extensive experience of working in media relations and marketing/communications including proactive national media relations, event PR, social media marketing and issues based campaigns;
- Experience of event-related digital media management (preferably with a startup ecosystem angle);
- Experience designing engaging promotional materials (preferably using platforms such as Canva or InDesign and editing video content);
- Experience building engaging newsletters and stakeholder communications;
- Experience designing and implementing social media strategy to align with business goals, including setting specific objectives, building content schedules and reporting on ROI;
- Experience of offering counsel and media advice to wide range of staff including senior management and external partners;
- Experience of preparing marketing materials in accordance with brand guidelines;
- Experience of working in a small, agile startup environment with a well-established remote team;
- Experience of handling issues/crisis PR.
- Experience in business administration, management and strategic planning.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strategic Planning and Analytical thinking - Able to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach. A dots connector, able to scan through data, behaviours, comms plans, consumer research to find partner insights and content insights and bridge them to make ideas flourish.
- Clear and concise communicator - Excellent communication skills, editorial skills, comfortable collaborating with multiple internal cross-functional teams and confident in influencing a range of external senior stakeholders.
- Project management - A creative leader and problem solver who is able to drive multiple projects from start to finish and turn cool ideas into reality. Able to get into the details, but not lose sight of the broader strategic intent.
- Relationship builder - Ability to build excellent working relationships internally and externally with good influencing and diplomacy skills.
- Content creator - Proven success in driving digital content development, brand communications and implementation across a range of formats, markets and channels;
- Team player - Empowering colleagues and developing performance.
Our Values & Behaviours
- Impact Driven
- Action Oriented
- Driven by innovation
- In everything we do, we act with integrity
Behaviours we're looking for
- Entrepreneurial and selfless collaborator who goes beyond roles and titles to get great work done.
- Capable of being impactful without the support of a large team of direct reports.
- Curious and creatively-minded in every way.
- Able to give and receive feedback positively, and see the value of different perspectives.
- Demonstrates strong judgment in the face of ambiguity.
- Flexible and adaptive to evolve the role based on our business needs.
- Able to think and act with agility.
- A deep commitment to impact, diversity and inclusion in business.
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as required;
- Ability to commit to and demonstrate Foundervine's values as outlined here;
- Able to proactively manage own well-being and the challenges of remote working.
- Exposure to amazing people and great thinkers globally;
- Opportunity to be part of a founding team of a forward-thinking, community-led brand;
- Continuous investment in your well-being and career growth;
- International engagement opportunities - particularly sub-Saharan Africa;
- Learning and Development opportunities;
- Travel and Resource Allowances;
- Peer-Led Reward Scheme.
- Company discounts via benefit scheme
Job Applicant Privacy Notice
As part of any recruitment process, Foundervine collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use that data and to meet our data protection obligations.
What information does Foundervine collect?
Foundervine collects a range of information about you. This includes:
- your name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number;
- details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history;
- whether or not you have a disability for which the organisation needs to make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process; and
- information about your entitlement to work in the UK;
Foundervine collects this information in a variety of ways. For example, data might be contained in application forms, CVs or resumes, obtained from your passport or other identity documents, or collected through interviews or other forms of assessment.
Foundervine will also collect personal data about you from third parties, such as references supplied by former employers. We will seek information from third parties only once a job offer to you has been made and will inform you that it is doing so.
Data will be stored in a range of different places, including on your application record, in HR management systems and on other IT systems (including email).
Why does the organisation process personal data?
Foundervine need to process data to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you. We may also need to process your data to enter into a contract with you. In some cases, Foundervine need to process data to ensure that it is complying with its legal obligations. For example, we are required to check a successful applicant's eligibility to work in the UK before employment starts.
Foundervine has a legitimate interest in processing personal data during the recruitment process and for keeping records of the process. Processing data from job applicants allows us to manage the recruitment process, assess and confirm a candidate's suitability for employment, and decide to whom to offer a job. Foundervine may also need to process data from job applicants to respond to and defend against legal claims.
For some roles, Foundervine is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences. Where the organisation seeks this information, it does so because it is necessary for us to carry out our obligations and exercise specific rights in relation to employment. Foundervine will not use your data for any purpose other than the recruitment exercise for which you have applied.
Who has access to data?
Your information will be shared internally for the purposes of the recruitment exercise. This includes members of the recruiting team and interviewers involved in the recruitment process. We will not share your data with third parties, unless your application for employment is successful and we make you an offer of employment. Foundervine will then share your data with former employers to obtain references for you. Foundervine will not transfer your data outside the European Economic Area.
*How does Foundervine protect data?*
Foundervine takes the security of your data seriously. We have internal policies and controls in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by our employees in the proper performance of their duties.
*For how long does Foundervine keep data?*
If your application for employment is unsuccessful, Foundervine will hold your data on file for 12 months after the end of the relevant recruitment process. At the end of that period your data is deleted or destroyed. If your application for employment is successful, personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your personnel file and retained during your employment. The periods for which your data will be held will be provided to you in a new privacy notice.