Senior Program Manager
London (Partly Remote)
Head of Programs
Marketing and Communications Manager & Operations Manager
Full Time - Fixed Term Employment
£35,386 - £38,346
Open for Applications | Closing date: 13th February 2022
Oversee high-quality program design with innovative approaches that incorporate design thinking and project management standards. Execution of Foundervine playbook to delivery the best possible program experience for founders, Fellows, partners, investors and other stakeholders.
Oversee the execution of Foundervine programs across the UK and Africa, reporting directly to the Head of Programs on KPIs. Ensuring that the data and evaluation processes are completed to a high specification. This includes event management, developing processes to manage program data, building and scheduling program calendar.
Manage the day-to-day operations of the programs function. Line manage Program Managers and oversee the management of Program Associate Managers and Program Associates. Provide learning, development and pastoral support.
Building and Sustaining Relationships:
Responsible for collaborating closely with partners and clients to support them with their goals.
Contribute to the growth of Foundervine, work with the Head of Programs by offering programs insight and critical thinking to support the broader Foundervine strategy..
- Support in the design of innovative programs that help achieve Foundervine's Key Aims (Access, Acceleration and Advocacy).
- Support the development and growth of a strong network of Fellows, Sponsors, Investors and Corporate Partners.
- Work on the maintenance and improvement of Foundervine's suite of products and services.
- Oversee and deliver Foundervine programs, supporting our different stakeholders where required (according to the stage of delivery and the needs of the client/s), which may include support calls, advice and guidance on program planning, delivering briefings and trainings, and producing relevant toolkits and resources.
- Support the Senior Leadership team on client handover process, preparing Program Brief, and development of core program plans.
- Support in securing resources and expertise from client/partner organizations for high-quality program delivery.
- Be a critical link and build relationships with external partners of Foundervine programs.
- Work closely with Program Marketing Coordinator to support effective program recruitment.
- Ensuring the Programs team receive communication from the leadership team clearly and on time.
- Oversee the formal reporting arrangements on program or project progress by reviewing detailed reports from Program Managers.
- Compliance with Foundervine guidelines on the requirements on Data Protection, Safeguarding, and Health and Safety Policies.
- Develop new and existing client relationships by networking effectively and influencing people in Foundervine's ecosystem.
- Support in developing the account management process.
- Become an ambassador for Foundervine by taking part in events and opportunities that positively bring the Foundervine mission forward.
- Support Head of Programs on communication, engagement, and assignment of Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) to the team, conduct comprehensive appraisals and obtain feedback on performance when necessary.
- Strategically tailor individual development plans and complete performance reviews for direct reports.
- Work with Head of Programs on development of career pathways for programs team.
- Work with Head of Programs to identify training opportunities for the wider team.
- Contribute to the effective operation of the Programs Function
- Represent Foundervine in the start-up ecosystem, both actively and passively
- Support the growth and development of the Foundervine Community
Leadership and Management:
Leading by example, support the direction set by Head of Department and the rest of the leadership team
Knowledge of the cognitive, strategic and practical processes by which design concepts are developed.
Comprehensive project and program management capability demonstrated through previous industry roles.
Strategic Thinking and Planning:
Understanding of the value of scalable systems and processes through creative planning and strategic think
Strong public speaking skills and community development is key
Dynamic self-starter and able to work independently and achieve agreed aims and objectives whilst still being part of a dynamic team
Able to work closely within a small team in the UK and overseas
Adaptable and sensitive to work in different cultural contexts
Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Flexible working hours
- 3% match contribution to the NEST pension scheme
- A strong commitment to personal and professional development – with an individual annual training budget.
- Book and Resource Allowance
- Company discounts via benefit scheme
- International engagement opportunities - particularly Sub-Saharan Africa
- Access to dozens of events and training sessions delivered by some of world's leading experts.
- Peer Recognition Scheme
Job Applicant Privacy Notice
As part of any recruitment process, Foundervine collects and processes personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use that data and to meet our data protection obligations.
What information does Foundervine collect?
Foundervine collects a range of information about you.
- your name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number;
- details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history;
- whether or not you have a disability for which the organisation needs to make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process; and
- information about your entitlement to work in the UK;
Foundervine collects this information in a variety of ways. For example, data might be contained in application forms, CVs or resumes, obtained from your passport or other identity documents, or collected through interviews or other forms of assessment.
Foundervine will also collect personal data about you from third parties, such as references supplied by former employers. We will seek information from third parties only once a job offer to you has been made and will inform you that it is doing so.
Data will be stored in a range of different places, including on your application record, in HR management systems and on other IT systems (including email).
Why does the organisation process personal data?
Foundervine need to process data to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you. We may also need to process your data to enter into a contract with you. In some cases, Foundervine need to process data to ensure that it is complying with its legal obligations. For example, we are required to check a successful applicant's eligibility to work in the UK before employment starts.
Foundervine has a legitimate interest in processing personal data during the recruitment process and for keeping records of the process. Processing data from job applicants allows us to manage the recruitment process, assess and confirm a candidate's suitability for employment, and decide to whom to offer a job. Foundervine may also need to process data from job applicants to respond to and defend against legal claims.
For some roles, Foundervine is obliged to seek information about criminal convictions and offences. Where the organisation seeks this information, it does so because it is necessary for us to carry out our obligations and exercise specific rights in relation to employment. Foundervine will not use your data for any purpose other than the recruitment exercise for which you have applied.
Who has access to data?
Your information will be shared internally for the purposes of the recruitment exercise. This includes members of the recruiting team and interviewers involved in the recruitment process. We will not share your data with third parties, unless your application for employment is successful and we make you an offer of employment. Foundervine will then share your data with former employers to obtain references for you. Foundervine will not transfer your data outside the European Economic Area.
How does Foundervine protect data?
Foundervine takes the security of your data seriously. We have internal policies and controls in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by our employees in the proper performance of their duties.
For how long does Foundervine keep data?
If your application for employment is unsuccessful, Foundervine will hold your data on file for 12 months after the end of the relevant recruitment process. At the end of that period your data is deleted or destroyed. If your application for employment is successful, personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your personnel file and retained during your employment. The periods for which your data will be held will be provided to you in a new privacy notice.